Saturday, December 20, 2014

Always Be Thankful #1

So today, on behalf of my 1 year blogiversary, I figured it was about time that I tried something completely new. This is something that I've been mulling over for a while now and have finally been able to put into a coherent thought.

Every Wednesday I post my Wednesday Wish Lists, and I know that people seem to like those posts. At least, one person does (*cough* Shelby *cough*). Recently I got to thinking that it probably isn't a good thing to do nothing but list off the many things I want in my life when really there are so many things that I have right now that I'm grateful for. I have a great family and amazing friends that are worth going out every day into the cold - and for a wuss like me, that's saying something XD

And I decided that every week, or every other week, I would share with you the things that are already in my life than I am thankful are there, and that I couldn't do without. Some of these will be a tad sentimental, others will be silly and materialistic, but either way this will be a way for all of you to get to know a little more about me on a personal level. I hope this is something you'll enjoy, and without further ado, here are 3 of the things that I'm currently thankful for.

#3: REVLON ColorStay Moisture Stain! It might sound silly to feel thankful for a lip gloss, but hear me out: I love wearing a dark lip when I go out lately; it makes me feel beautiful and confident. But sometimes applying the lip liner and the lipstick that I picked up from MAC can be a bit time-consuming. That's why this Moisture Stain is so great! It's dark berry colour is perfect for the winter (the shade I own is 005 Parisian Passion) and it really does keep its colour for a long time.
This is a shot of what the colour looks like on me, This is just one coat, but it's a solid shade all the way through and it really stands out against my near-Albino shade of paleness. This lip stain feels very moist when you put it on - I know you'd expect a semi-liquid gloss to be moist, but you'd have to try it to understand exactly what I mean - and it's quick and easy to apply, so presto! I have a dark lip to wear out of the house! I am very grateful to the people at Revlon for putting out this product, and also to +Zoella for recommending it in one of her main channel videos.
#2: A Special . . . Something. Truth be told, the thing that I'm the second most thankful for right now is something that I'm not allowed to talk about, especially not on the internet XP That's vague, I know. I can't even give any hints. But I can tell you this: I will be able to tell you guys about it on February 14th, 2015. Does it have anything to do with Valentine's Day? Honestly, it doesn't. But the day I'll be able to talk about this special something will be within that week, so on Saturday the 14th I'll be able to write about it on here. Looking forward to it!
#1: My mother and her creative, crafty ways. My mom has been into scrapbooking for a long time now (she even turned my old bedroom into her scrapbooking room - you should see the amount of supplies she has in there!) but this holiday season she has turned to a whole new type of crafting. She has been making these gorgeous wreaths for quite some time now, and with the amount of Christmas decorations she's been able to nab on sale she's already made all kinds of gorgeous Christmas wreaths which are unique and lovely.
This is just a sample of some of the holiday wreaths my mom has made. Aren't they awesome?! Lately we've been talking about my mom making a surplus of wreaths and then selling them online and putting the money towards my Humber tuition. I'm not exactly grateful for the wreaths themselves - my mom hasn't made one for me yet, but then again I haven't asked her to - but what I love is that she is able to channel her creative energy into making these wreaths, even after a long day at work. She doesn't let exhaustion or annoying life stuff get in the way of her creative projects, and I admire that about her. I have all these things I want to do - special blog posts, making YouTube videos - but there are days where I just don't feel like doing anything. My mom never lets those moods get her down. She still manages to deal with all the annoyances of her job, deal with me (I can be a handful), help out my grandmother when she needs it and then has time at the end of the night to make such pretty crafts :) She's the best!

That's it for this week! Stay tuned for more life-things I'm thankful for. I'll be sure to keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...